Thursday, June 22, 2017

Baby #2 bumpdate, 19 weeks

I did the following update while I was pregnant with Charlotte, and while I started a lot sooner with her, I am trying to document the same things with this baby as much as I can.

So here goes ....



How far along: 19 weeks


Size of baby: The size of a large mango.  At my 18 week ultrasound he measured in the 93% for size!  At that time, a week ago, he was 10 oz., and measuring 6 days ahead of schedule.  At Charlotte's ultrasound she measured 4 days ahead of schedule at 19 weeks.

Total weight gain/loss: 11 lbs gained so far.

Maternity clothes: It's so hot I'm mostly wearing maternity shorts, but I can still wear my non maternity shirts.

Stretch marks: Just the stretch marks left over by Lottie so far.

Sleep: Aside from having a toddler that occasionally wakes me up in the middle of the night, and peeing at least twice during the night, I am mostly sleeping good.  Very vivid dreams though.

Best moment(s) last week: When Luke and I got to see this little boy for the first time and find out the gender.  It was my first real ultrasound (not counting the one from the ER at 15 weeks because they wouldn't let me look at the screen), and seeing him moving around and looking with eyes wide open was a beautiful moment.  Up until the ultrasound I thought I was having a girl, but watching him (while still not officially knowing the gender yet), I felt in my heart the tech would tell us we were having a boy.  I immediately felt a strong connection with him and Luke and I both began to tear up.  I know nothing about raising boys, but I am very excited to meet this little guy.

Movement: I get so concerned at times about this because he is not nearly as much a mover as his big sister was.  At least not yet.  I suppose it's still early.  But if I hold really still while lying down, I can feel tiny little movements.

Food cravings: I am just now starting to get interested in food again (I thought I was sick with Charlotte, but this baby definitely showed me what it feels like to be so sick).  So I guess currently Taco Bell and the BLT sandwich and fries from Farmer Boys'.

Gender:  A boy.

Labor signs: No.

Belly button - in or out: In.

What I miss: Liking food.  

What I am looking forward to: The delivery.  Every night when I go to bed I fall asleep thinking about when I'll get to meet this baby face to face.  And breastfeeding.  It's important to me that goes well.


*Sorry for not having any pictures.  I need to do better about taking bump pics.


No comments: