Monday, October 2, 2017

The past 2 months

I'm back.  Wow it's been awhile.  Are blogs even still a thing?  Anyways, so much has happened in the past two months and blogging about each individual thing sounds too daunting.  So I'm going to try condensing it all into one post.

Kim is married!

My sister Kim and her sweetheart John got married in August in a beautiful park up Provo Canyon.  With the mountains as a backdrop and the rustic decorations, it was a romantic ceremony.  My big brother even officiated.
Charlotte doesn't get to see her little cousins very often, but she was glued at the hip to my brother's little girl, Brynlee.  What cutie pies!


{All my siblings minus Gregg}


Luke is a third year!

Luke's last semester of classes in California were the easiest yet.  He had 4 day weekends pretty much every week, and his homework load was minimal.  I think it was a tender mercy because that is when I was the sickest in my pregnancy.  For the first 5 months after we found out I was pregnant Luke had to take over grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning, bathing and generally taking care of Lottie, etc.  I don't know if I could have survived if he had had a busier semester.  He 's a rockstar!
Well, he completed his 2nd year of PT school on the day of his 30th birthday so it was celebrated by going to dinner with friends at Bass Pro Shops and walking around after.  Him and Brian even took to the shooting range.  I think it was a good birthday for him.
He began his third and final year of schooling at an outpatient clinic in Kuna, ID. 
More on that later.







Smith Family Reunion:

Every 3 years my side of the family gets together for a reunion.  It's a pretty big deal with A LOT of people.  My dad is the oldest of 12 children, and he has 12 kids himself, who also have kids, etc., etc., etc...... You get the picture.  It was hot and Lottie was impossible to keep track of, but it was so good getting a chance to catch up with relatives that we don't see too often.  Per the norm, Lottie gravitated to the older kids following them everywhere they went and wanting to be included in everything they did.
At our reunions we always do a silent auction.  I had my eye on a few Minnie Mouse things such as a dress and some toys I knew Lottie would love, as well as a baby boy outfit.  Luckily I got them all!  I gave the dress to her right away, but am saving the toys for Christmas.


Our move to Idaho:

After living in California for two years while Luke attended classes on the LA campus, we had an opportunity to leave and be closer to family while he does his rotations.  We are heartbroken to have had to leave the many good friends we made there (especially Lottie), but there are some things we won't miss (the following is just to help me feel better!)

The traffic
Constant summer
The traffic
High cost of living
The traffic

It was especially important to be close to family for us for when baby boy arrives.  AND we have never lived close to either of our parents in our entire marriage.  Charlotte loves her Grandma and Grandpa.  So here we are in Boise, Idaho.  And so far so good.  Luke is already into his sixth week of his clinical and doing well.  Ya'll..... I'm really looking forward to his graduation next August and when he'll be able to bring in an income.  Really though.  Also, I'm loving this cold autumn weather!





{Moving}






Bumpdate:

So much for doing regular bumpdates with this pregnancy!  Honestly our lives have been so busy that I haven't had any time.  I will be 34 weeks on Thursday and this is only my second baby update this whole pregnancy!  Sorry baby boy for not doing better.

{32 weeks}


How far along: 33 weeks, 4 days

Size of baby: Almost 5 pounds, about the size of a cantaloupe.  And about 18 inches long.

Total weight gain/loss: I've gained 34 pounds.  I've just accepted that I get ginormace while pregnant.

Maternity clothes: I've outgrown my maternity clothes.  I'm not even joking unfortunately.

Stretch marks: I can't really see most of my body anymore so it's hard to tell where the new ones are, but no doubt they are there.

Sleep: AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!  NON-EXISTENT!!!!!!!! SO DEPRIVED!!!!!!!! PEEING ALL NIGHT!!!!!!!  HURTS SO BAD TO SWITCH POSITIONS!!!!!!!

Best moment(s) last week: So I'm dancing again.  Kind of a random time to pick it back up, but it's true.  My body doesn't agree with it at this point so it's kind of a catch 22, but yeah.  It's kind of nice to be doing something to help me keep progressing and having a side hobby.

Movement: In the beginning I thought maybe he was more chill than Lottie was in my tummy, but I don't think that anymore.  Him and Charlotte both have acted like aliens trying to pry their way out of ma belly.  Also, he keeps switching from breech to head down and he feels extremely long!

Food cravings: Between nausea coming back again a little bit and feeling SO incredibly crowded in there, I don't particularly have any cravings right now.  Wait, that's not entirely true.  Meat.  I want all the red meat in the world right now.  I had mentioned to Luke not too long ago how much I had been craving meat and come to find out at my prenatal appointment - I'm slightly anemic and borderline hypoglycemic.  Explains why all I want is red meat all the time.  

Gender:  A boy.

Labor signs: No.  SO SO many braxton hicks with this baby though.

Belly button - in or out: Out.

What I miss: Liking food and fitting into any clothes.  And having a normal sense of smell.  I'm so over this whole heightened sense of smell that makes my nausea worse.

What I am looking forward to: Meeting him.  And getting past the first 3 months of recovery.



Well that's all folks.  Thanks for reading this long entry.  I really need to be better about updating more often so it doesn't turn into such a long post.




No comments: