Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Finding the perfect one

We stayed home this year for Thanksgiving.  Which I'm really glad we did.  It was so peaceful and relaxing, and I enjoy cooking special meals for my family.
A few days after Thanksgiving, Luke's parents drove down from Idaho to spend some time with us and help us out.  I was scheduled to have an outpatient surgery and would be in some pain for at least a week.  Marc and Kelley were beyond helpful making meals for us, and occupying Charlotte so I could rest.  Charlotte rarely wants to snuggle with me or have me hold her, but because the universe works the way it does, she wanted to be held constantly by me that week, which was difficult in that I wasn't supposed to lift more than 10lb.  She could probably sense something was off with me and that worried her.

Despite things being thrown off a bit for us, I was determined to keep our holiday traditions right on track, which included hunting for the perfect Christmas tree, gingerbread haus making, and lots and lots of Christmas music (including the CMA Country Christmas Concert I LOVE to watch every year).




{I'm not exactly sure why Luke looks so stern in this photo}

{Everyone wanted in on the decorating}

 {Charlotte helped Papa's boots be a bit more festive}





{Sporting her new winter hat crocheted by Grandma Phillips.  She reminds me of the little girl on Despicable Me!}

{You just can't make this stuff up}

{Collecting leaves}

{She loves these boots and insists on wearing them often.  I find it ironic living in California}

{Bass Pro Shops}

xoxo


No comments: