Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Back

{This year's Christmas card}

We got back from our Christmas vacation Sunday night.  It was bittersweet.  I was ready to be done partying, but not ready to come back here.  Our car was stuffed to the brim with baby things we received on top of Christmas presents.

It was so fun and relaxing!  We went swimming at the Glenwood Hot Springs, drank hot cocoa, went snowboarding (Luke), watched movies, had a baby shower, etc., etc., etc.  Probably the best thing though was spending time with family.  We have really missed being closer to family.  My little sister Mary was also baptized.

On the way back we stayed in Rexburg at Christie and Jeff's home.  The next day (my birthday), we had a nice breakfast of doughnuts and Reed's Dairy Chocolate Milk, visited with my good friend Lindsay, then went to lunch at my favorite place in town - the Paragon Cafe inside Madison Memorial Hospital :)  Brought back great memories.

{Luke getting his bonding time in with the guys}

{The hot springs - I want to go back.  They were so peaceful and relaxing, especially when the snow started to fall}

{Our Christmas pjs}


Baby Phillips update:

How far along: 24 weeks

Size of baby:  She is about the size of a grapefruit (now I want a grapefruit), weighs around 1.5 lb., and is somewhere around 12 in. long. 

Total weight gain/loss:  This is such a depressing question....22 pounds.  My excuse is I just got back from vacation!

Maternity clothes:  Yes.  And I just inherited a ton more from my sis.  LOVING IT!!

Stretch marks:  No.  I have been using cocoa butter.  A lot.  So hopefully that helps at least a little.  

Sleep:  Sleep is.....okay.  My back hurts terribly.  Luke bought me a body pillow for my birthday and I hear those help with back pain!

Best moment(s) last week:  Seeing my family.  I have missed them so much.  We also had a blast road tripping with Christie & Jeff :)

Movement:  Definitely.  Usually during/after a meal, listening to loud music, or when I'm relaxing.  Most of the time they are quick movements, but lately, it seems like she is slowly stretching or something cause I can look at my belly and see longer sustained movements.  So weird.  But so cool.  I love sharing these moments with Luke.

Food cravings:  Doughnuts.

Gender:  Girl!

Labor signs:  No.

Belly button - in or out:  In.  However, it looks.....different....ha.  Pretty sure it's going to pop soon.

What I miss:  Not feeling sick, being able to get a good sweat going at the gym, and having a normal diet.

What I am looking forward to:  Meeting this sweet little girl!  16-ish more weeks!

Milestones:  I'm not as emotional.




Happy New Years!!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was so fun seeing you for Christmas! I had a great time. Miss you guys already!