Tuesday, July 7, 2015

The Smith Sisters Escape!

A couple weekends ago my sisters Juli, Kim, Christie, our sister-in-law Heather, and myself escaped to the heat of Scottsdale, AZ.  Boy did I need that break!  You want to know what I did on that trip??  I slept in, went to the gym, lounged poolside, napped, napped, ate, shopped, lounged poolside, rode the cruiser around town........

It was quite lovely.

Getting there however, was not.  My flight was delayed; once we were finally in the air it was the most turbulent ride of my life.  I was getting pretty nauseous and was afraid of puking all over the passengers next to me. I was trying to act cool though, you know, like I wasn't sick at all.  But when we were getting ready to land I knew I was going to need a baggie asap!  I asked the flight attendant for one and then that of course was the red flag to those around me.  The gentleman next to me was kind enough to offer me some minty gum, while the lady next to me told me every little thing that made her husband nauseous.  Including cruise ships on a bumpy sea, cars, airplanes..... I tell you all those stories were really helping my case.  BUT, she did offer to get my bag down for me.  Bless her heart.  I eventually made it off the plane with no major mishap.  The car ride with my sister, however, was another story.  I think I have forever tainted Gardettos for her.  Sorry Kim.




The resort we stayed at was pretty fantastic.  I was feeling posh throughout our stay, and the smell of those flowers?!  It was simply wonderful.




At one of the restaurants we were eating at for dinner, Evo, we got the prime treatment from all of the friendly staff.  Not only did we have excellent service, but to top it off, the manager treated us all to dessert!  And then the chef came out and spoke to us personally asking how we enjoyed our experience with them!  If you are ever in the neighborhood, I highly recommend checking them out.



One place we visited was the first cupcake bakery in the world.  Sprinkles Cupcakes.  They were pretty delish.  Do you ever watch Cupcake Wars on the Food Network?  If you do then you'll know exactly what this place is.



We also visited Prescott for the day where Christie and her husband will be moving to soon.  It was a very quaint town.  They also had a beer festival going on at the time.  They really know how to party.



Overall it was a pretty fantastic trip that was much needed.  I love being a mother, but sometimes you just need a break from changing diapers, chasing after the kiddo, and having spit up on you all the time.  Or poop.  Or slobber.  You get my point.

{My view from the plane of Utah Lake}
/'>Popkkikookkkk,kkki)9.
99;9......ik

That gibberish typed above is courtesy of the one and only Lottie.  I was about to erase it, but then decided not because I think I'll enjoy looking back on it later on. 

Next post will be of our Fourth of July weekend! 

xoxo
 

No comments: