Monday, January 6, 2014

25

25 weeks pregnant.  25 years old.

Like I said, for my actual birthday we were driving all day, so this past weekend Luke planned a whole day for us.

It started out with him making me a yummy breakfast in bed - doughnuts (my recent preggo craving), scrambled eggs, and a fruit smoothie.  We took our time getting ready, totally enjoying being lazy, and then headed out to paint the town red.

We went thrift store shopping - very typical of us - we find great satisfaction in finding good deals ;)  I actually found a Kathy Smith workout on VHS for $.50!  Ha, I'm starting a collection.

After shopping Luke let me choose where we would go for lunch.  Like an idiot, I thought Red Lobster would be a good choice.  Gah.  Pregnancy really messes with your brain.  If I've never liked fish or any kind of creature that lives in water before, why in the world would I think I would like it being pregnant?!?!?!?!?!?!  The second we walked in and I smelled it, I knew it was a mistake.  But, again, like the idiot I am I thought I would still enjoy it......WRONG with all caps!!!!  The only thing I actually could handle was my yummy non-alcoholic pina colada.  SO delicious I want another one right now!  I felt so guilty for choosing the spendiest place and then almost throwing it all up.  Never again.

{I think their secret is sprinkling nutmeg on top}

I couldn't even get back in the car after for fear it would all come up, so we decided to walk around the little strip mall close by while my "food" digested.  Lucky we did because we went into Carter's baby store and Luke founded the CUTEST little onsie!

 {Is this not the most precious thing??}

After I felt okay enough to get back in the car we headed to the old Garland Theatre for some cuddling, and possibly making out.  However, before that, I really needed to get the lobster taste out of my mouth, so we stopped at this little cupcake bakery for dessert.  I though it might be similar to my beloved Cocoa Bean in Rexburg....I couldn't have been more wrong.  It smelled awful and the lady totally looked out of place in this all pink shop with her gothic appearance.  I was a little scared for my life.  Hmmm, I can't seem to get it right here.  Well the cupcake was okay, what I could get underneath all the frosting.  I should have taken a picture - 3/4 frosting, 1/4 cupcake.  Ha.

Watching the movie (Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2) in this old 50's theatre was really fun.  I enjoy any excuse I get to hold hands with my love.

All in all it was definitely an interesting day.  Pretty positive I will never be going back to Red Lobster, but I love Luke all the more for putting up with my wacky whims.  I'm sure he was just laughing in his head the whole time because he can predict me better than I can myself.  Love that guy.  Love that he took the time to plan a fun day for me.

Not much has changed, but I thought I'd do baby Phillips update anyways.

How far along: 25 weeks

Size of baby:  She is the size of a zucchini.  About 13.5 inches long, and weighing in at about 1.5 lbs.  However, she is measuring about a week ahead of schedule so when I give these statistics, keep in mind that she is probably a little bigger than the average sizes I am giving here.  Which would explain a lot of my weight gain.

Total weight gain/loss: I haven't weighed myself this week yet but I'm pretty sure it's still around a total of 20+ lb.

Maternity clothes:  Oh yeah.

Stretch marks:  No.  I have been using cocoa butter.  A lot.  So hopefully that helps at least a little.  

Sleep:  Sleep stinks!  My back hurts terribly. I have never been one for back pain before, but my goodness!  IT HURTS!!!!!!!

Best moment(s) last week: Going on a date with my honeydew.

Movement:  Definitely.  Usually during/after a meal, listening to loud music, or when I'm relaxing. Luke can now feel her moving when I press my belly up against his back at night :)

Food cravings:  Doughnuts.  And now steak.  I'm a weirdy.

Gender:  Girl!

Labor signs: Maybe, I can't tell.  I have been having quite a bit of cramping, but they aren't regular enough to be contractions I don't think.  I'm going to ask my doctor about it on Wednesday.  I'm sure it's completely normal though.

Belly button - in or out:  In still.  I keep feeling like it's going to pop anytime, but it hasn't yet.  Maybe it won't ever.  

What I miss:  Not feeling sick, being able to get a good sweat going at the gym, and having a normal diet.

What I am looking forward to:  Meeting this sweet little girl!  15-ish more weeks!

Milestones:  In my last update, I said I'm not as emotional.  That was a lie.  I'm still ridiculously emotional at the most random times ever.  Most of the time I don't even know why I'm crying.  Last night it was because my body ached so bad, other times it's because I saw a crumb on the table.  Really, it's out of control.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just had to say that, that onesie is so adorable!! Totally agree:)

Li-Sha said...

hahaha i am dying! you cried because you saw a crumb on the table!