Tuesday, March 4, 2014

My experience with birthing class

As I mentioned before, we started birthing class last night.  I was more excited than nervous.  I honestly had no idea what to expect.  I assumed watching live childbirth videos and breathing techniques would be on the agenda.  Other than that though, I had no other expectations.

Birthing class equals awesome.

It was way more in depth than I could have imagined and learned so much.  And not just about myself and the baby, but Luke as well.  Guess who was the ONLY husband shooting his hand up with questions and jotting down notes.  Yep, my husband.  I was shocked.  Don't get me wrong, he has always been supportive and involved.  He goes to my regular doctor check-ups when he can, he lets me buy baby things, and he gives into my cravings.  But I have never heard him ask many questions before or EVER express HIS fears/concerns he was having.  I didn't even think he had any. In my mind, he was just going with the flow and letting me make all the major decisions regarding this pregnancy.  Which I didn't mind.  But last night he let his true colors show.

What an incredible guy.

He was not only genuinely wanting to understand more about the whole process of pregnancy and childbirth, but he was also not afraid to share his concerns.  And they were all for the well-being of me and the baby.

It made me feel good knowing that he felt comfortable enough in that kind of environment to do that.  He will be the best support person when the big day comes.  Because he loves me, knows me, and wants the best for me and our little girl.


No comments: