2024 found Luke starting at Shannondale, which is just 5 minutes from our house. We've loved the shorter commute and having him come home for lunch! Luke thrives in his chosen career minus the red tape that always seems to rear its ugly head in any large corporation. Working with his patients brings him a sense of fulfillment though. Luke still enjoys biking, building fires, and grilling. He is starting to dabble in woodworking ... by collecting wood that he is absolutely sure he is going to need one day. Hmmm.... He and I completed a bike race in September and have enjoyed playing games with the kids including teaching them how to play Monopoly: Star Wars Edition.
I (Robyn) continue my role of staying at home with the children, which I love, and feel so grateful to do that. Homeschooling different grades has been a fun and unique challenge. I have dabbled more in seeing what all I can make myself at home. The running list so far is various types of bread including sourdough and soft pretzels - yum - sour cream, yogurt, salad dressings, canning (marinara sauce, jellies, pie fillings, apple butter, and apple sauce), and non toxic cleaners. I highly enjoy going to BodyPump and BodyFlow classes at my local gym, riding bikes with the kids, reading with the kids, and going on dates with my hubby. I am still nursing Porter who just turned two, and I'm not quite sure how to put an end to that! He has me wrapped around his little finger and he knows it!
Charlotte (Lottie), completed fourth grade and is now in the middle of fifth grade! It makes me sad thinking of this being her last year in elementary school. She has enjoyed taking classes at our co-op, successfully competed in two competitions with the Knoxville Figuring Skating Club. One with the theater team doing a rendition of the Lion King and the other a solo in the Smoky Mountain Classic placing an automatic first. While we both loved her in figure skating, the commute was starting to take a toll, so she is taking a temporary break and has picked gymnastics back up at Smoky Mountain Gymnastics. Lottie is very creative and social. She loves making bracelets, celebrating all the holidays hard core, and attending activity days at church. We have also lovingly dubbed her a little mommy-in-training as she has taken on more responsibility with her younger brothers (I think her weekly allowance is the biggest motivator!).
Evan turned seven in November and is in 1st grade. He has picked up martial arts recently and has already earned three stripes! LEGOs are his jam and inventing will probably be his bread one day. His engineer-oriented mind is so good at coming up with various creations and problem solving. He is looking forward to joining Lottie at activity days in January.
Grayson is our sweet peacemaker and art loving kiddo. He is 4 years old. Next year I will have three grades to teach! He is bright, and very independent. If I had to choose one word to describe him it would be confident. He is like his father in more ways than one. We love him!
Sweet Porter just turned 2 this month. I have no idea how to wean him from nursing. He's a momma's boy for sure, but I don't mind! He loves all vehicles and trying to keep up with his big siblings. He's runs our household and he knows it! Youngest child syndrome is a very real thing!

No comments:
Post a Comment